- My name is Azra, I am a Leo and a proud Malaysian. Yay! I am quite opinionated, but I don't usually say it out loud, hence the blog! And I also like to review movies and TV shows. Besides that, I am a daughter, a girlfriend to that special someone, a sister, an aunt and your pharmacist... If you are interested in any of the products in my blog or would like to be my business partner, please contact me: AZRA - email@example.com. (YM or Facebook me!) Happy reading, cheers!
I am thinking of putting a new profile photo for my little blog. Tapi tak tahu yang mana satu. So here are the finalist:-
1. Kemas rumah - CHECK
2. Edarkan map to Hakim, friends, photographer (Kak Fad), makeup artist (Kak Awin: www.seindahwajah.com) and Astana Kristal for mini pelamin (astanakristal.blogspot.com) - CHECK
3. Gilapkan silverware and brass for hantaran decoration - CHECK
4. Buy fresh flowers for hantaran - NOT CHECK
5. Facial - NOT CHECK (tomorrow)
6. Manicure and Pedicure - NOT CHECK (tomorrow)
7. Get chocolate door gifts and hantaran - NOT CHECK (tomorrow)
8. Get cake from Abah - NOT CHECK (Friday)
9. Get baju tunang, tudung and selendang from dry cleaners - CHECK
10. Send invitations to Imam and neighbours - CHECK
11. Get curtains - NOT CHECK (tomorrow)
12. Hantar all the hantaran items - NOT CHECK (Friday, final)
13. Get dulang & lapik dulang for hantaran - NOT CHECK (tomorrow)
InsyaAllah, by Saturday most thing will be ready.
Ya Allah, aku memohon padaMu agar Engkau melancarkan segala urusanku dan majlis pertunanganku. Izinkanlah agar semua persediaan lengkap dengan baik dan majlis berjalan dengan sempurna. Berikanlah cuaca yang cerah pada hari majlis ini. Dan rahmatilah kesemua tetamu dan ahli keluargaku yang hadir pada majlis ini.
Amin amin, ya Rabbal A'lamin...
Akhirnya, I have my own place at my work place. ^_^
Ok, I suppose you don’t know what I really do. I graduated from
In my workplace, ada 5 departments/units. So, for the past year I dah merantau from one units to another. I never really had a proper desk to do work (actually, all of the PRPs don’t have a proper place to work. Tumpang meja orang or the library). But that never stopped us from working anyway, Cuma tak seronok la
My office is inside a lab. And the lab specifically perform tests for injectables such as vaccines, insulin etc. So memang lab ni sejuk gillllerrrrr. Below 16 degrees la! So in addition to the other stuff I have to bring (like coffee mug, a mirror and more stationeries) I have to bring a damn good cardigan and body lotion to keep my skin from drying in the super extreme chill!
Here’s a preview:-
Mudah-mudahan dengan kemudahan ini, I will become an excellent pharmacist, dan kerja-kerja yang I buat akan diberkati. Aminnnnn….
I am not sure if having too many options (and all are good ones) is actually a good thing or not. Almost everyday, I browse so many websites, look at so many pictures, read so many comments etc about wedding preparations. From wedding dresses, to make-up artists, to photographers and wedding decorators. Sampai semalam, I actually pening kepala (like, literally) sebab tengok terlampau banyak pilihan. Haih...
But anyway, I have made a shortlist of the people/companies that I like and am considering for each categories:-
Wedding dress :
For nikah, it is not a problem. I have my own material (kain french lace) that I bought from Bandung. And as it is for nikah, I will tempah baju kurung modern (yang singkat tu) dengan kain kembang sikit (Mak Teh I panggil kain goday - betul kot spelling!). Then have it beaded, but not too heavily.
And I have checked out Butik Udaimatunnur and I fell in love with this wedding dress yang sangat sangat sangatlah gorgeous. Uhuhuhu... It is very very new, baru seorang sahaja yang nak pakai this weekend (lukcy girl!). But the thing is - It is white! And my theme colour is purple. So the option is... Is that the bride and groom pakai baju putih and all the family members pakai baju purple. Okay tak? Plus, the tudung is very nice and apparently, Mr Ismail (the designer) can help my face look less bulat. Ehehe.. Penting tuh.
The Lovely Traditional Kebaya
Kalau nak combing dua2, I will need ideas. So for this, I think a designer will be a good option. But actually, dalam hatiku ini ada juga rasa risau, will the design really suit me?
- Candid Syndrome
- photoaura (Aween Rashdan)
- Wow Photography @ Hafiz Ismail / Faris Fakri
- Pretty Peektures
So... What do I really look for in photographer?
1. Obviously, quality. I love candid photos, of me, my hubby (masa tu la!) and my family and mertua and ipar. I tak nak amek banyak sangat gambar guests, unless I know them.
2. Candid & capture of the moment - like bila I rasa happy, terharu, perasaan my mum and sis, perasaan my hubby to be, semua lah. So that by looking at the pictures... We can live it all again, kan kan sayang? ^_^
3. Communication - The photographer must be able to communicate and tolerate us well. Tak berkira pasal masa atau duit sangat. Open minded, cool and funny. Tak stress and understanding.
4. Hasilnyer - What do I get for the money I am investing - berapa keping gambar, what type of album - storybook? sticky ones? picture frame?
5. Harga - money money money. Need I say more?!
Well, since that I am opting for either Udaimatunnur or designer or tailor, maknanya I kena sewa pelamin separately. And I have seen some lovely pelamins. And because I nak ambil pelamin asing2, harganya agak mahal.... Uhuhuhu... I think I have made an entry about pelamins, but some that I really like are from:-
- Zaifie Zainal
- Dina Halim
- Arma Couture (but I think this one is wayyyy out of my budget)
- Astana Kristal
I also hope they will have arch as part of their service (kalau free lagi bagus, hehehe..)
- Udaimatunnur ada makeup artistnyer sendiri
- Kak Awin - www.seindahwajah.com
- Emma Pesona - www. emmapesona.com
- Zaifie Zainal
- Dina Halin pun ada makeup artistnyer sendiri
Wedding Decorator and Caterer:
Hm... Having a wedding decorator for the dewan is pretty... Membazir. I hate to say this, but it is true. HOWEVER, a lovely wedding venue makes the whole wedding complete! But hiring wedding decorator is a lot of money. So I am hoping that my caterer of choice will offer this service. Caterer tersangat, sangat, sangat penting sebab tetamu memang akan puji makanan. Tak kira la betapa lawanya pelamin atau panjangnya train pengantin atau handsomnyer the groom, if the food sucks, the wedding event is not a successful one. Huhuhu... I hope the caterer of choice will offer:-
1. Superbly excellente food yang bersih and tak berkira pasal harga and amount of food and friendly service
2. Tablecloth (clean and tidy)
3. Chair covers with ribbons
4. Meja pengantin yang lawa
5. Pelayan yang berhemah
6. Red carpet
7. Fast service (i.e. cepat dapat pinggan & cawan bersih, cepat refill semula makanan, cepat refill air basuh tangan etc)
Caterer is where most of the money will go to anyway. Jadi sepatut-patutnya, inilah yang patut dicerewetkan.
Jadi... Itulah al kisahnya... Kenapa lately I senang pening. I am not sure if I am making this complicated, but my honey, my mother and a good friend at work told me that - it is good for me to be particular about things for the wedding, but jangan terlampau banyak. Because it will never ever be sorted.